MASE is an art-inspired vibrant fashion and lifestyle brand from Hong Kong. It promotes a colorful way of living. The prints are unique and composed of storytelling. These allow you to be self-expressive and creative with the way you dress or decorate your home. All MASE products are practicality driven as well as art that makes each item a timeless statement piece. It is divided into three brand lines.
Mase Brand Lines:
- The Mase that remains the brand’s signature line featuring luxury items like; Mase Cross-body clutch bags, Flat clutches, Wallet Bags, Shoulder Bags, etc.
- The Mase Resort that features casual statement pieces that are perfect for daily and holiday adventures that includes Leather Tote Bags, Resort Fabric Totes, Mini-mes, and Scarves.
- And the newly established Mase Lifestyle that offers home decor, including art prints and Cushion covers that can harmonize and add personality to interior spaces. Inspired by combining a holistic color theory approach and Feng Shui philosophy, MASE art prints enrich spatial energy and dynamic.
Mae Kwan is the founder and designer. She has developed a strong vision of merging art forms to create an artistic language that can fully express her ideas and beliefs. MASE came to fruition in 2013 when the idea emerged during her meditation in Bali Indonesia. A series of art prints were composed soon after the enlightened vacation that has proven to be a new design direction which brings boundless creativity in Mae’s work.
MASE Colour Therapy summarizes Mae’s vision to create meaningful fashion and lifestyle products that can bring beauty, harmony, and joy into your life. This is an extension of the Designer’s beliefs and vision. To celebrate the beauty around us and more importantly, embraces a subtle beauty from within. In every Mase print and design, has its own story to tell.
And here they are!
The Garden of Eden Collection.
These capture the dramatic contrast between a botanical garden and a man-made superstructure. A glimpse of what the future may hold. Mas’s inspiration is based on pressing environmental issues of the planet earth. It’s highlighting the challenge of achieving harmony and balance between nature and civilization.
1. Evelyn mini – features the monochrome superstructure with abstract floral patterns in the background. The created juxtaposition between two different forms. The color Purple represents harmony and the Yellow signifies Joy and Happiness.
2. Rose Tote bag – is the continuation of Evelyn art print design. The floral pattern becomes explosive. In the midst of fighting for survival and thriving to maintain natural harmony. Pink signifies the desire for greater equilibrium.
3. Bowen Flat clutch – is the first unisex clutch bag. The art print draws a conclusion for the entire collection which suggests the possibility of achieving the perfect balance between nature and civilization. Blue is a healing color which represents the healing power of nature.
The Reminisce Collection
Reminisce captures the colonial architecture in Singapore that characterizes the multi-cultural vibrant city. Inspired by the lavishly decorated shop-houses, this series celebrates the architectural elements and color palettes used in shophouse design which give the bags a retro look.
1. Florence Mini Bag – has an eye-catching print featuring Art Deco-inspired symmetry and boldness. The design explores the order and rhythm in colonial architecture. The vibrant orange strap is used to highlight the vibrancy that the tropical climate provides.
2.Eileen Tote bag – Inspired by the colonial architecture which captures the memories of the past and possibilities of the future. The color combination of blue and purple helps create a tunnel effect by drawing your attention to the end of the perspective.
3. Rene Clutch bag – is a modern take on the art deco period, celebrating the colonial architectural elements and distinctive motifs. The color palette gives the clutch a feminine touch. Perfect for pairing up with silver jewelry and a floaty dress. Or your favorite white top and denim for a casual look. The color Purple adds glamour and sophistication to the print.
1. The Illusion flat clutch – the idea was inspired by the dynamic contrast in a confined yet spatially intriguing narrow street in Hong Kong. The design is framing the surrounding buildings and the view of the sky.
2. Reflection clutch bag – this is based on the concept of capturing the “moment” when the time is frozen. Keeping you calm so that you get a perfect reflection of what reality is. The warm palette makes it perfect for adding glamour to an evening outfit. Ideal for a sophisticated retro look.
3. The Wonderland Clutch – takes inspiration from the Hindu Temple, reflecting the peace and serenity that can be felt through faith. Recalling an old Temple, it is accented with an ordered pattern of muted pink, purple, turquoise and sky blue. This symmetrical pastel print makes it a perfect hand clutch for day time use and evening events.
The Color Therapeutic Method…
A story that Matches color therapeutic methods allows you to be self-expressive and creative with the way you dress and decorates your home.
The most important thing Mae, is to design something that is both practical and aesthetically pleasing. She believes designing handbags that inspire people to have fun with fashion is ideal. She said Fashion is a way to express yourself rather than merely following trends. Every bag is art driven so she personally designs all the prints giving to each one a unique story. MASE as a small label, is always striving to produce high-quality handbags whilst keeping the prices reasonable and affordable. They are one-of-a-kind statement pieces.”
If you found this article helpful leave a comment, or just share!