Trips, Trips, Trips! there is nothing that motivates me and excites me the most. I would recommend to every girl group and of course, every male group to travel together. Traveling with your friends enhances your relationships, allows you to know the other person better and will teach you a lot about who your true friends are.
I love girls trips and -in case you have or haven’t checked my Instagram- I am always on a girls trip thing. For me, it started back in 2017 with one of my exes broke up with me. And my bestie tried to cheer me up, planned a couple of only girls trip around and it was so amazing and we’re still practicing this every year!
Of course, it has worked since then! and our first trip started here:
Brunei Darussalam (The abode of Peace) is an Islamic state with hundreds of beautiful Mosques across the country, a tiny yet wealthy nation on the northwestern coast of Borneo in 2nd district sections surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea. It is situated under the capital of Bandar Seri Begawan. And it’s known for its beaches and biodiverse rainforest, much of it protected within reserves.
Brunei is a pint-sized and fabulously wealthy oil-rich sultanate with a population of just under half a million if illegal immigrants from countries such as Indonesia, India, China, and the Philippines are included. It is a member of the Commonwealth and has good education and hygiene.
Cultures and Facts
- Brunei is considered to be the most observant Islamic nation in South Asia.
- Homosexuality in Brunei is a crime punishable by 10 years in prison. Most recently in 2019, it was announced that the penalty would be death by stoning.
- Caning is still a method of punishment for crimes in Brunei and this practice is heavily influence by their history.
- Public consumption of alcohol is illegal, but Non-Muslims are allowed to bring 2 liters into the country.
- Brunei is abundant in oil and low fuel prices.
- Modest dress is the rule of thumb; shirts advertising rock bands, messages, and bright colors should be avoided.
- Women should be skin, hair, and ankle covered.
Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai
Is located just 28 km from the city and 38 km from Kota Kinabalu International Airport. It’s set amidst 3,335 acres of natural and landscaped surroundings. Creating the perfect background for all 485 well-appointed guestrooms, suites and luxury villas. The award-winning 18-hole championship golf course and exclusive Borneo Spa complement the superb facilities of this magnificent resort which boasts eight restaurants and bars and an almost endless array of leisure and recreational activities. It’s a beautiful place to relax for it’s quiet and clean surroundings.
Things to do near Nexus Resort
- Karambunai beach and gardens – if you love the green landscape, traditional elements and a sandy beach around with soft music, this place is for you!
- Visit Lagoon Park – situated at the edge of the Karambunai Peninsula. It’s 5 minutes away from the resort with the operating hours from 10.00 a.m – 3.00 p.m.
- Guided Jungle Trek – Hikes into the depths of the rainforest and test your adventurous spirit.
C’haya hotel is a chic and cozy establishment, located at the greenest part of Kota Kinabalu, Tanjung Aru. (3.4 mi or 1.2 km from Kota Kinabalu International Airport – distance to the city center is 8 km, 10 minutes drive). The property has its own shuttle to the KKIA airport, rooms are big and close to the famous 2km long beach of Tanjung Aru Beach. It is a modest lodging with a rooftop pool and bar.
Things to do near C’haya Hotel
- Perdana Park Musical Fountain (0.1 km from the property) – a musical water fountain which comes alive from 7:00 p.m – 09:00 p.m Mondays to Thursdays. On Weekends, the performance runs an extra half hour and each session runs for 20 minutes with 10 minutes intervals.
- Mount Kinabalu (0.1 km from the property)- make the most of your time on the 13,435 foot or 4,095 meters Mount Kinabalu a UNESCO World Heritage Site valued for its biodiversity, on a private tour. Visit the Mountain Garden to learn about the Flora and Fauna of the area and hike uphill to the Canopy Walkway for views over the treetops.
- Tanjung Aru Beach Sunsets – a beautiful white long beaches filled with casuarina trees and a place to view beautiful captivating sunsets
- Prince Philip Park (1.1 km from the property) – is situated along the beach wherein eateries are available while you are waiting for the sunsets.
Shangrila’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa
Shangrila’s Resort in Kota Kinabalu is a luxurious tranquil retreat that provides the setting for an amazing tropical gateway. Staying at this hotel means that you will encounter luxurious comfort at every turn. The hospitality from the heart, and the level of safety and security. All of which Shangri-la Hotels and Resorts is known for. No wonder why, they’ve got the highest reviews for all of their branches in many countries including the one in Kota Kinabalu.
Things to do near Shangri-La
- Chi Spa – a place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. It offers a unique spa design concept. A standalone spa village sits on an island connected to the hotel via a private causeway. (Opens from 11:00 a.m – 11:00 p.m)
- Star Marina Watersports & Activities (0.2 km from the property) – If you are fond of diving, snorkeling, and parasailing, this is a place for you.
- Sunset Bar – famous and a must visit for a drink before and after the sunset.
- Shangri-la’s Resort in Kota Kinabalu has a perfect mix of wildlife, culture, and leisure, convenient location (close to an airport), spacious rooms, a spectacular area, amazing Malaysian and International cuisine and one of the best places to see the sunset!
Mari Mari Sepanggar Lodge
Mari Mari is 20 minutes from the city. The place was equipped with different types of rooms. from bunk beds to suites all of them are located in the mountain. You just need to climb unto the wood stair to get into your room. This is definitely a wild, wild and nice experience. The wild monkeys will come around and the kimono dragons too! Don’t be scared with the Monkeys otherwise, they will steal your belongings. About the Kimono, they appear monthly on the wild side of the beach so you can appreciate how they interact with each other and how they would defend themselves. This is a total worthy experience. Besides the rooms that are really spacious and with a great view, they also have a common kitchen and sun beds for you to enjoy. It’s the perfect paradise for summer.